Saturday, September 22, 2007

Going Back to Iraq

This morning when I was checking mail, and etc. I was somehow miraculously able to retrieve or re-capture this blog. I had created it nearly two years ago when I was in Iraq, and immediately forgot the password, and was never able to log in again until this morning. Any photos that happen on this blog will be done from somewhere not totally in control of the United States. If I told you exactly where I am in any of the photos I will post here, I would have to ......... Well, lets just leave it at that.

I'm doing the last of the packing and projects before leaving for Houston in the morning for a week of orientation in preparation to go back to Iraq. While looking through my blog profile this morning, I noticed the "piano player in a brothel" occupation was highlighted in blue. I clicked on it, and discovered some bloke claiming to be from London in the UK also claims to be a "piano player in a brothel". Doing a little more research, the chap has apparently been to Iraq, and is also a skydiver. I don't think he has been jumping very long, but he has evidently made a jump since I have. My freefall jump # 1201 was either two or three years ago out of Chris Santacroce's trike, and it had been more than 5 years previous since I had done jump # 1200. I will have to post to a skydiving forum in the UK to see if I can contact the bloke. His blog is www.anonymouslemming.blogspot.com for anyone else who might be curious.

No comments: